Sunday, January 28, 2007

Update

Sorry Folks, I have been very busy with my internship and school. I haven't kept up as much as I would have liked to with this blog.

Here's the update:

I am still awaiting any word from Janus. I know that they are currently interviewing many people for the position for which I have applied. Many of them go to my school.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have made some headway working with my professors. I have contacted a handful of DU alums in NYC. This has given me limited success, but has helped me be more strategic in my job search. Particularly, I am widening my job search to include research firms as well as several other types of jobs in order to allow me to transfer into IB down the road.

I had the opportunity last week to sit down with a Senior MD of a very large firm. It was an excellent opportunity to learn more about the field, particularly LBO's, and get some interesting insights.

Next week I have an interview with an oil & gas investment bank for a position in their capital markets group. I am somewhat nervous about this position and do not know what to expect in the interview. Hopefully I can sit down with some of my professors or the Associates and Directors at my internship to get some guidance.

I am following up on each and every lead I receive, but am often slow responding due to the demands of school and my internship. This week I am refocusing my search and have made it a goal to apply to at least one job and contact at least one person every day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you to everyone who has been contacting me with recommendations and advice. I also appreciate those of you who email me with questions about my search and for advice. Please forgive me if I am slow responding to your emails.

From here on out, I will post at least once a week, and will shoot for twice. I will do my best to keep this blog updated with all of my recent applications. However, I am not disclosing anyone with whom I am networking.

Today, I collected a whole slew of jobs to which I will apply this week. The only one I applied to today was one at Value Line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?