Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Purpose of this blog

I am currently busting my ass trying to get a job in NYC working investment banking. Most likely, I will be working as an analyst. My education background is an undergraduate degree (BSBA) from the University of Denver in Real Estate Finance and I am currently completing a Master of Science in Finance also at the University of Denver Daniels College of Business. Getting a job with a high end firm is hard coming from Denver. I am posting my progress on this blog to hopefully help others and to get some help myself!

In addition to getting a job in NYC, I am also trying to get an internship, starting ASAP, with a reputable firm in Denver.

My job search has opened my mind to additional possibilities, and I am considering several other locations for work.
  • Chicago
  • London
  • Dublin
  • Luxembourg
  • Frankfurt
  • Tokyo
Another area in which I have a growing interest is emerging markets. The opportunity to work in one of these markets would, in my opinion, open many doors down the road. Emerging markets would likely entail working somewhere around the world I have never even considered. I am open to that.

This search is in order to begin my working life off on the right foot. ANY HELP AND/OR LEADS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

No comments: